Grand Secret Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Grand Secret (4820) is a suburb of Northern, Townsville, Queensland. It is about 1073 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Grand Secret is in the federal electorate of Kennedy.

In the 2011 census the population of Grand Secret was 145 and is comprised of approximately 49.0% females and 51.0% males.

The median/average age of the population of Grand Secret is 33 years of age.

90.5% of people living in the suburb of Grand Secret were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.0% New Zealand, 2.0% England.

97.9% of people living in Grand Secret speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.1% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Grand Secret is 20.7% Anglican, 20.7% Uniting Church, 18.6% No religion, 18.6% Catholic, 10.3% Baptist, 5.5% Religious affiliation not stated, 2.8% Jehovah's Witnesses, 2.8% Presbyterian and Reformed.

44.5% of people are married, 37.8% have never married and 12.6% are divorced and 5.0% are separated. There are 0 widowed people living in Grand Secret.

53.2% of the people living in Grand Secret over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 35.4% are working on a part time basis. Grand Secret has an unemployment rate of 7.6%.

The main occupations of people living in Grand Secret are 28.2% Labourers, 15.4% Professionals, 15.4% Machinery operators & drivers, 15.4% Technicians & trades workers, 9.0% Community & personal service workers, 7.7% Managers, 5.1% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 3.8% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Grand Secret work in are 19.0% Health care and social assistance, 11.4% Accommodation and food services, 11.4% Retail trade, 11.4% Education and training, 8.9% Mining, 7.6% Inadequately described/Not stated, 7.6% Transport, postal and warehousing, 3.8% Professional, scientific and technical services, 3.8% Arts and recreation services.

24.1% of homes are fully owned, and 24.1% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 44.8% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $427 per week and the median household income is $942 per week.

The median rent in Grand Secret is $225 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1309 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Grand Secret postcode 4820

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Woongoolba 4207 -> Brisbane -> Queensland